Learn AND Earn as a Modern Digital/IT Apprentice! Are you ready to start learning while you earn instead of paying while you learn? We’re seeking high quality, motivated candidates inspired to learn a new suite of highly marketable skills with incredible opportunities for advancement. This innovative program is designed for participants to secure in-demand positions in the Digital/IT sector and allows you to begin earning competitive, full-time wages from your first day on the job. As you advance through our specially designed development program, your wages increase with every milestone achieved.
Do you want:
- To cultivate in-demand skills in the rapidly growing and evolving Digital/IT career sector?
- To earn competitive wages – followed by wage increases based on learning achievements – from the day you begin?
- To gain industry-recognized certifications (CompTIA and/or Microsoft) that are portable and stackable, allowing you to build on a rock solid foundation as you advance?
- To learn on the job from experienced peers, mentors, managers, and educators at no cost?
If you answered yes to these questions, then your path forward is clear – you are the perfect candidate to become an IT Apprentice.
Maryland Digital Apprenticeships integrate education and work experience into a proven pathway to success. Apprentices take classes while working, combining theoretical and hands-on learning. Upon completion, apprentices earn nationally-recognized credential (CompTIA and/or Microsoft) from the U.S. Department of Labor. Additionally, apprentices will be able to fulfill the following Digital/IT responsibilities at the successful completion of their program:
- Understand networking services and its underlying architecture
- Support internal and external clients in the maintenance and security of wired and wireless networks
- Understand the correct operating systems for a given task
- Offer basic support to internal and external clients in the provisioning of cloud services
- Provide technical customer support
- Understand the processes involved in improving the way in which internal and external clients use networked IT systems
- Analyze network problems and propose solutions
- Understand the fundamentals of data and how it’s used
- Coach and train internal and external clients in various products
- Understand digital security concepts
- The desire to operate in a dynamic, growing, multi-project environment.
- The skills to communicate effectively.
- The ability to work individually or in a team environment.
- The personality to problem-solve while building relationships.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to perform all job duties
- Reliable transportation
Franklin Apprenticeships is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran disability or genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law in employment.