Franklin Apprenticeships LLC
Effective September 1, 2019
- Personal Information. Personal Information is any information that may, directly or indirectly, identify you through particular reference to a unique identifier, including name, identification number, location data, online identifier, or to one or more factors that are specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity. Personal Information that Franklin Apprenticeships may collect during your use of the Platforms includes your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, computer and server IP addresses, browser versions, pages most visited, duration and time of visit, and geographic location. Franklin Apprenticeships may also collect your resumé information that is provided through the Platforms; your enrollment, progress, and completion of industry certification courses; your completion and grade on assignments required by the apprenticeship program; your progress toward and satisfaction of milestones established by Franklin Apprenticeships; messages sent and/or received by you and/or your Franklin Apprenticeship success coach; feedback provided by you and/or your success coach; your wage information; and other information that may, directly or indirectly, reveal your personal identity and which you may provide to Franklin Apprenticeships during your use of the Platforms. We may also collect your personal financial information, including your credit card or debit card information. If you permit the Platforms to access location services on your mobile device, we may also collect the precise location of your device when the Platforms are running in the foreground or background.
- Use of Personal Information. Personal Information will be collected and used by Franklin Apprenticeships to track your progress through the apprenticeship program and to tailor the program to your needs as well as provide resources that may be relevant to you during and after the apprenticeship program. Franklin Apprenticeships may also use your Personal Information to customize the Platforms to provide a better user experience and to enhance or maintain Platform security. Franklin Apprenticeships may also provide your Personal Information to certain third-party data analytics and customer relationship management vendors, for the purposes of assessing the progress and completion rates of its apprentices, to update and refine its apprenticeship curriculums and programs, and to tailor its marketing materials, including marketing communications, to existing and prospective users. Franklin Apprenticeships may also disclose your Personal Information to certain other third-party vendors, including payment processors, banks, and website support service providers, for the purposes of processing your payments to Franklin Apprenticeships. Personal Information may also be disclosed to third-parties in order to evaluate a possible business transaction such as a merger or sale of the company, provided however, that the recipient of Personal Information will be required to maintain such Personal Information in confidence. By using the Platforms, you hereby authorize such use of your Personal Information as described in this Section 2.
- Personal Information Storage. Retention Period. Franklin Apprenticeships collects and stores the Personal Information that you provide through the Platforms on the Franklin Skills Tracker, its data-hosting platform, which is maintained by OneFile, Ltd. (“OneFile”). Franklin Apprenticeships retains the Personal Information it collects from you through the Platforms for the duration of your apprenticeship and may retain it for an indefinite period of time thereafter.
- Security of Information. As stated in Section 3, Franklin Apprenticeships collects and stores your Personal Information on its Franklin Skills Tracker program, which is maintained by OneFile. Franklin Apprenticeships has worked with OneFile to put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure the security and privacy of information collected and stored on the Platforms. Franklin Apprenticeships has also worked with its other third-party vendors to place reasonable security measures in place to ensure the security and privacy of information that Franklin Apprenticeships discloses to such third-party vendors, including your Personal Information. However, understand that the Internet is not a completely secure medium of communication. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee the privacy of your Personal Information through the use of the Franklin Apprenticeships’ Platforms. Accordingly, any and all information transmitted through the Platforms is disclosed at the disclosing party’s own risk. To protect your privacy, please do not use the Platforms to communicate information that you want kept confidential. We will not be responsible for any damages you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
- Marketing Communications. We may send you email and other messages with personalized offers and information about products and services, and we may use Personal Information to show you online advertising on the Platforms, other websites, and other online services. Franklin Apprenticeships provides you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us and our partners and gives you the option to remove your information from our database, and to not receive future marketing communications. If you receive an unsolicited marketing email from a Franklin Apprenticeships’ email address, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
- Accessing Your Personal Information. Every user of Franklin Apprenticeships’ Platforms is entitled to the following: (i) the right to request copies of your Personal Information, (ii) the right to request that Franklin Apprenticeships correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete; (iii) the right to request that Franklin Apprenticeships erase your Personal Information after completion of the apprenticeship program; (iv) the right to request Franklin Apprenticeship restrict its processing of your Personal Information; (v) the right to request that Franklin Apprenticeships transfer your Personal Information to another organization or directly to you. You acknowledge that any requests made pursuant to this section must be in writing and provided to Franklin Apprenticeships at email@example.com and Franklin Apprenticeships shall have one (1) month to provide you with a response. Franklin Apprenticeships reserves the right to charge you for the reasonable costs associated with complying with such requests.
- Release. By using the Platforms, you hereby agree to release and hold harmless Franklin Apprenticeships and its members, officers, agents, representatives and employees, from any and all loss, damage, expense or cost (including attorneys’ fees and disbursements attendant thereto) arising out of or in any way connected with Franklin Apprenticeships’: (i) collection, use, processing, maintenance, storage, retention, sharing, disposal or disclosure of your Personal Information, including due to the act, omission, breach, negligence, willful misconduct, or other failure by OneFile, or any other third-party vendor engaged by Franklin Apprenticeships; (ii) mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission or any failure of performance including any claims you might have under laws protecting intellectual property and personal privacy.
- Assignment. If Franklin Apprenticeships sells or transfers all or substantially all of its assets or undergoes any other change in management or ownership control of Franklin Apprenticeships, Personal Information may be among those assets that are transferred. Franklin Apprenticeships will ensure that the security measures set forth herein remain throughout the transition.
- Target Audience. The Platforms do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and no part of the Platforms are designed to attract children under the age of 13. Franklin Apprenticeships is designed and intended to be used by adults, which may include parents or guardians. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use the Platforms or provide Personal Information to Franklin Apprenticeships.
- Third Party Platforms. You acknowledge that this Policy does not apply to OneFile, or other third-party vendors that Franklin Apprenticeships may engage and provide Personal Information to in accordance with this Policy. You agree that Franklin Apprenticeships shall have no responsibility or liability to you for any act, omission, breach, negligence, willful misconduct, or failure by OneFile, or any other third-party vendors engaged by Franklin Apprenticeships arising out of or relating to your Personal Information, or its use, storage, disclosure, and/or destruction by OneFile, and/or any other third-party vendor engaged by Franklin Apprenticeships.
- Severability. If any term or provision of this Policy shall to any extent be deemed invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of this Policy shall be unaffected thereby, and each term and provision of this Policy shall be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Disputes. By using the Platforms, you agree to promptly notify Franklin Apprenticeships in writing of any disputes or claims arising out of or relating to the Platforms or the Personal Information that is collected, processed, stored, retained, shared, or disposed of by Franklin Apprenticeships, and agree to work with Franklin Apprenticeships in good faith to promptly resolve such dispute or claim on reasonable terms. To the extent you and Franklin Apprenticeships are unable to resolve such dispute, you and Franklin Apprenticeships hereby agree that such dispute shall submitted to a neutral third-party mediator located in the State of Maryland before the commencement of any legal action.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction; Venue. This Policy and its validity, construction, enforcement, and interpretation shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, without reference to choice of law rules. You agree that any action concerning the terms of this Policy, which are not resolved through the dispute resolution procedure set forth in Section 15, shall be brought exclusively in the Courts for Montgomery County, Maryland and you agree to accept service of process pursuant to the Maryland Rules and procedures.
- Questions. If you have any questions pertaining to this Policy, please contact Franklin Apprenticeships at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY FOR ANY DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO THIS POLICY OR YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORMS.